This article is in direct response to WSB-TV 2 Atlanta's article titled: "Inside Georgia's alt-right groups". Almost everyday I have witnessed the media attack patriots, militias, the III%, and the patriot movement in whole. It is imperative that we push back against their agenda and stand up against the machine.
The article mentioned above is trying to paint the III% movement as alt-right. First, what is the alt-right? According to SPLC: "The Alternative Right is a term coined in 2008 by Richard Bertrand Spencer, who heads the white nationalist think tank known as the National Policy Institute, to describe a loose set of far-right ideals centered on “white identity” and the preservation of “Western civilization.”
I'm sure the media loves to paint us as racists to try and dampen, hinder, and destroy our momentum. The fact is, we are a growing threat, but only to Socialism, Communism, Marxism, and other ideologies that are in direct opposition to our constitution and republic.
The Three Percenters (our organization) is in no shape, form, or fashion racist, nor do we have ideologies along those lines. We openly condemn any III% group whose ideals align with the alt-right. It's not who we are. Period. Stop. End. Go no further. Turn around. To say that we may align with this thinking or even the thought of us maybe believing that way is a total farce and falsehood.
In our by-laws (found here) we have a questionnaire that a potential member must answer in order to become an official member. It is as follows:
1. Do you support the Constitution of the United State of America?
2. Are you a law abiding citizen?
3. Are you a felon?
4. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
5. What skills and/or background do you have that can be an asset to the group?
6. Define “Moral Strength”.
7. Define “Physical Readiness”.
8. Define “No First Use of Force”.
9. Define “No Targeting of Innocents”.
10. Will you take the following oath? "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same. I swear (or affirm) to uphold the four principles of a Three Percenter: have moral strength, be physically ready, no first use of force, and no targeting of innocents.”
11. Why do you want to join ‘The Three Percenters’?
As an announcement, our by-laws will be receiving a disciplinary action amendment which reads:
"Our organization requires members and leaders alike to be trustworthy and honorable individuals. Anyone who does not follow our by-laws and the rules within is subjected to disciplinary action by their first-line leader. There are two degrees of offenses:
1st Degree = non-malicious offense. Disciplinary action: Warning given and corrective action taken if need be.
2nd Degree = malicious offense. Disciplinary action: Immediate dismissal from our organization and corrective action taken if need be."
The amendment continues and lists offenses that are considered first or second degrees. Racism is listed as a second degree offense and will not be tolerated in any form or fashion, in which the member will be dismissed from our organization immediately.
Back to topic. Our organization cannot control any extreme spin-off groups whose ideals include racism. We can only stand up, denounce them, and continue being the standard for our movement. Together, with your help, we will move forward and push back against an ever encroaching media and over-reaching government. I want to thank each one of you for what you have done to progress our organization and movement.